Monday 5 September 2016

Marbling Technique


Good evening to you all, I seem to have a little bit more time now that the Summer Hols are over, the site is not so busy now, which means that I actually get some free time in the evenings.  I only have 11 weeks left before our current contract finishes.  We are hoping to go home and catch up with family for a few weeks before heading off to Spain for Christmas.


I have created my card using a new technique to me Marbling with shaving foam.

Please excuse the awful photo but I don't have very good lighting at the moment.


I followed the tutorial link on this months CAS mix up card challenge blog.
I squirted shaving foam into a baking tray added some drops of, Rich Razzleberry, Night of  Navy and Marina mist ink refills from Stampin Up. This is a piece from one of the first sheets of card that I placed onto the foam, some of the other pieces are more subtle in colour.
To create my card, I cut a piece of my marble card, and then die cut the HELLO from the panel and also out of funky foam, before layering it all back into the negative space.
I stamped friend in Rich Razzleberry ink added some silver sequins and all done.

I have used Stamping + Marbling + Die cuts






8 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, this looks AMAZING, love it.
    Where in Spain have you decided to go for Christmas?xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi wendy, we are staying in Ciudad Quesada, is that any where near you? would be great if we could catch up. We are there from about 18th Dec until 27th Jan. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, Gail! This is an awesome piece of marbling! I love the colors and the swirls make me think of a waterfall! And I love your design! I find that the hardest part is what to do with the marbling. But I keep finding things ;>) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaving cream marbled background for your die cut sentiment. LOVE your CAS design :-) TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Gail. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you chose for your marbling! The die cut sentiment looks fabulous. So glad to have you participating in CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. Love the die cut technique! Shall try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Gives me more inspiration for how to use the marbling in a CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... your marbled piece turned out beautifully Gail! Love the colour combo. Such a fantastic design with the inlaid and popped up hello. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx